- The seven mile (11.2 km) tour route explores the eastern section of the 1017 acre (411 ha) park on winding trails and bike routes.
- The transformation starting in the 1870's of a bleak sand dune area in into the lush park you see today.
- The Music Concourse and Temple of Music
- The California Academy of Sciences and the deYoung Museum
- The Japanese Tea Garden and the California Midwinter International Exposition of 1894
- William Hammond Hill and John McLaren's vision for the park
- The Conservatory of Flowers
- Hidden sights including the Lily Pond, Prayerbook Cross and Fern Grotto
- The historic Carousel and Sharon Art Studio
- San Francisco Botanical Gardens
- The Lawn Bowling Courts
- The National Aids Memorial
- Shakespeare Garden
- Stow Lake and Strawberry Hill
- The Rose, Rhododendron and Dahlia gardens
- An amazing Redwood grove, Pioneer log cabin and many other hidden gems!
- Small tour groups for a personal experience
- Go when you want. Lots of departure times. Book the most convenient time you want to go.
- The best Segway training around. Complete one on one training before your tour. For our foreign guests we offer training videos in 11 languages!
- Amazing tour guides. A great guide makes all the difference. Our tour guides rock!
- Each guest gets a radio receiver with earbud so you won't miss details about the sights along the way.
- On cold days we have jackets, hats and gloves to keep you warm and snug.
- It's fun! Riding a Segway is a blast. Come get your Segway smile!
Glide through the 1,000+ acre Golden Gate Park on this fully narrated Segway tour.
Guests will have a blast gliding through seven beautiful miles of Golden Gate Park’s landscaped trails and roads, visiting hidden sights that include the Lily Pond, Shakespeare Garden and Fern Grotto. The tour explores the east end, including the National Aids Memorial, Music Concourse, Pioneer Grove, and Stow Lake.
Tour guides share tidbits and trivia about the Park’s stewards over the years, the impact of WWII on the Japanese Tea Garden, and the story of the park’s historical transformation from bleak sand dunes to today’s lush vista.
Tour is 2.5 hours long, including training time.
You Will See and Learn About:
NOTE: Tour does not include entry into museums or admission fee attractions. Every tour makes numerous stops for photos.
Why Choose Us?
One on one training and small tour groups make for a personal experience.
After 30-35 minutes of fun training on how to safely operate the Segway, you'll explore the Park with a fully narrated tour. Park Tours are limited to eight riders per guide
We are the exclusive licensed Segway tour operator in Golden Gate Park. There are a limited amount of walk up tickets available. Most tours sell out. We strongly encourage advance reservations!
April through October
9:00 am, 12:30 pm and 4:00 pm daily. 10:30 am and 2:00 pm departures are added based on demand.
November through March
10:00 am and 1:30 pm daily. 11:30 am and 3:00 pm departures are added based on demand.
All tours start on time, so please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. For the safety and complete training of our guest late arrivals will not be allowed to join a tour that has already started training. Please be on time.
Closed on December 25, January 1st and during major public events in the Park.
Activity is 2.5 hours including training. Training is 30 to 35 minutes, During the busy summer season training time may be slightly longer.
Who Can Go?
Ages 12 and up over 100 lbs (45kg) and under 250 lbs.(113 kg) are welcome. No weight exceptions. No pregnant guests. Under 18 with parents or guardian. Full list of rider requirements listed below the BOOK NOW button. Please read before booking.