Bay Bridge Lights Show
Every evening the Bay Lights turn the San Francisco Bay Bridge into a shimmering, mesmerizing nighttime LED light sculpture
6Fun Facts about the Bay Lights
- The Bay Lights is a 1.8 mile wide light sculpture, which is the length of 26 football fields!
- The lights are spaced 12 inches apart, which makes for a stunning display.
- The Bay Lights are 500 feet high, making them taller than the Eiffel Tower!
- The installation uses 100,000 feet of cable for power, fiber and Cat 5 wires, that's enough to stretch from San Francisco to Sacramento!
- You can even dedicate a light in the Bay Lights to honor a loved one or special occasion, and it will shine for years to come. Plus, it helps support Illuminate in creating new and inspiring works of accessible public art.
- The Bay Lights are being redone with a new improved version - Only 11 million needs to be raised!
Update; March 6th, 2023 the Bay Lights will go Dark - then glow again
If you haven't had the chance to see The Bay Lights yet, you better hurry! These dazzling LED lights that adorn the Bay Bridge are set to be taken down on March 5th. But don't worry, this isn't the end of the road for The Bay Lights. In fact, they're getting an upgrade!
Introducing The Bay Lights 360! This new and improved version of the beloved light sculpture will feature nearly 50,000 LED lights, making it visible from both sides of the bridge and even for drivers entering San Francisco. That's right, you'll be able to see The Bay Lights 360 from all around the city, including Treasure Island, Yerba Buena Island, Oakland and other parts of the East Bay.
But here's the catch, The Bay Lights 360 is going to cost a pretty penny. A whopping $11 million to be exact. But don't let that discourage you, because Illuminate, the non-profit organization responsible for The Bay Lights, is seeking support at all levels. So whether you're a big-time donor or just want to contribute a little something, every bit helps. Plus, your donation is tax-deductible!
So, what are you waiting for? Help bring The Bay Lights 360 to life by making a donation today or for more information contact Illuminate CEO Ben Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. And mark your calendars for Labor Day weekend, because that's when The Bay Lights 360 will officially make its debut. Let's light up the Bay Bridge together!
The Bay Lights by the Numbers
- 1.8 miles: Length of "The Bay Lights" from end to end (approximately 26.4 football fields).
- 12 inches: Space between individual LED lights in strand mounted on each cable.
- 2 feet: Length of the shortest bridge cable.
- 240 feet: Length of the longest bridge cable.
- 500 feet: Height of the installation to the tallest point.
- 100,000 feet: Length of cable for power, fiber and Cat 5 wires in the system.
- 300: Number of vertical cables on the bridge that fitted with LED lights.
- 728: Number of power and data boxes used in the light sculpture system.
- 50 million: Estimated number of people dazzled by "The Bay Lights" during its initial two-year presence.
- $8 million: Total cost of the initial project to make "The Bay Lights" a reality.
- $1 million: Estimate of dollars "The Bay Lights" will add to the local economy over 10 years after re-installation.
Dedicate a Bay Light at sif.illuminate.org.
Currently and until all 25,000 lights are claimed, Illuminate offers the opportunity for anyone to dedicate a light in "The Bay Lights" to honor a friend, family member, pet, special occasion, in memoriam, or simply as a way to connect to art history. With every tax-deductible $100 donation, the words and photo in each dedication will become a permanent fixture like "The Bay Lights", shining for years to come, and will support Illuminate in creating new and inspiring works of accessible public art.
The Bay Bridge Lights is part of the Illuminate Festival in San Francisco
More Bay Lights Info here: https://illuminate.org/projects/the-bay-lights/
- Groups of 10-100
Choose Best Start Time for Your Group
| A partire dal NaN USD per person
This sunset Segway Tour route is prefect group outing for 10 to 80 guests