Blaze effortlessly up hills and over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito on this fully narrated and guided electric bike tour. After the tour, return with your guide via ferry or keep the bike until day’s end to explore Sausalito. The tour features the new UltraMotor Electric bikes with the "Power On Demand" that allows riders to choose between pedaling, electric motor power, or both. The lithium battery power assist will help boost you up those San Francisco hills and ensure that you're never left behind!
The fun and informative tour operates daily and is designed for all abilities of bikers. The A2B bike provides a comfortable smooth ride. A tour experience of a lifetime.
Your guided bike tour starts in Fisherman's Wharf near Aquatic Park. Route features spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay.
- You Will Visit and See:
- Fort Mason with its beautiful vistas of Alcatraz into the Marina
- Marina Green with views of the Palace of Fine Arts
- Bay trail / Golden Gate promenade along Chrissy Field in the Presidio National Park
- A quick stop at the Warming Hut for a break and chance to take in the expanse of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Another stop at Fort Point to check out the surfers and then ascend to the new Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary Pavilion to learn about the amazing concepts and visionaries behind the construction of this majestic landmark
- 1.7 mile of biking excitement as you cross over the bridge. You will have to pedal on the Bridge.
- A stop at Vista Point where you can look back to the San Francisco skyline and view your great biking achievement
- From Vista Point it's downhill to beautiful Sausalito famous for its eclectic shops, art galleries, great restaurants, and funky houseboat community. Depending on ferry boat schedule we will have around 30-45 minutes in Sausalito.
- FREE BONUS: You can choose to keep the electric bike for additional time at end of route in Sausalito and return to San Francisco at your own pace. We will supply directions, maps and ferry schedule so you can enjoy more time in Sausalito and Tiburon.
- OR: Return to Pier 41 in Fisherman's Wharf with your guide on the 35 minute Blue and Gold Fleet Ferry trip with your guide. FREE BONUS:You can choose to keep the bike until days end to explore San Francisco.
- A short ride through Fisherman's Wharf from Pier 41 back to the starting location.
After the tour ends guests can choose to return with the tour guide or keep exploring on the bike until the end of the day. No extra charge!
Distance to Sausalito:
8 miles / 13 km.
Level of difficulty:
Beginner/Intermediate. Riders MUST know how to ride a bike to take this tour. We do not provide instruction or lessons on how to ride a bike.
Fun Fact: Depending on rider weight, pedaling and terrain the A2B electric bike can go for 20 miles (32 km) at a cruising speed of up to 20mph (32kph).
- Return Ferry Schedule:
- WEEKDAYS Depart Sausalito: 12:55 pm. Arrive Pier 41 Fisherman's Wharf 1:25 pm
- WEEKENDS Depart Sausalito: 1:15 pm. Arrive Pier 41 Fisherman's Wharf 1:50 pm (November to early May Schedule: Depart 1:25 pm arrive 1:50 pm)
- Weekend / Holiday Schedule operates on Presidents Day (February 21), Memorial Day (May 25), Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day (Sept 7), Day after Thanksgiving ( November 26th) Christmas Eve ( December 24) and New Years Eve (December 31).
- The Ferries are very busy in the Summer season. The group may have to wait for the next departure time if space is not available. Please note Winter schedule departs at different times.
- Electric Bikes are only allowed on Blue and Gold Fleet boats.
April through October Daily 10:00 am
November through March Daily 10:00 am
All tours start on time, so please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. We require a minimum of 4 guests to run the Bike Tour. Individual reservations will be combined into groups of 4 as needed.
Closed January 1, November 26th (Thanksgiving), December 25th and 31st.
Bike fitting and orientation takes 15 minutes. Tours are approximately 3 hours. Total: 3.5 - 4 hours including the orientation time and return ferry ride. Weekend Ferry departure time is 20 minutes later than weekday schedule.
Who Can Go?
Ages 16 up over 100 lbs (45kg) and under 275 lbs.(121 kg) are welcome. No pregnant guests. Under 18 with parents or guardian. IMPORTANT: If you are not already a bike rider this activity may not be a good match. The bikes are heavier than a regular bike and the electric power assist does not compensate for poor basic bike riding skills. We do not provide basic bike riding instruction with this tour and non riders / poor riders will have difficulty.
You will be pedaling! The bikes weigh 70 lbs (32 kg) and will need to be pedaled up hills on some parts of the route. All guests will be required to pedal across the Golden Gate Bridge 1.7 miles (2.73 km) without using the power assist. Certain parts of the route may require pedaling when the electric assist motor cannot be used due to local regulations.
Full list of bike rider requirements listed below the BOOK NOW button. Please read before booking.